Democratic Party Wasn't Always Liberal
Thomas Frank has published a screed at Salon that blames political scientists and their supposed fellow travelers for pretty much everything he doesn't like in U.S. politics. I'd normally ignore this (or leave it to Jonathan Chait's capable hands). But in this case, there's one huge misreading of history that I see all the time from liberals and conservatives and that is always worth debunking because it makes it more difficult to understand the proper context for the Washington gridlock.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Judgment Is Debatable. His Sanity Is Not.
- Never-Trumpers Never Agree About Anything Else
- GOP Surrenders Cherished IRS Scandal at Last
- What Trump Got (Half) Right in Asia
- Converging on Tax-Reform Nonsense
- Too Many Laws. So Much Ignorance. Something Has to Give.
- The Blockchain Might Scare the Gig Economy to Death