Obama Needs Congressional Authority to Wage War
Democratic Senator Tim Kaine of Virginia says the question of whether Congress needs to authorize President Barack Obama's declared war on Islamic State was settled by Thomas Jefferson when that president went after the Barbary pirates more than 200 years ago.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's 'Fake News Awards' Have a Sinister Subtext
- The Picture Gets a Little Darker for Republicans
- Not Even Trump Can Obliterate America's Soft Power
- Don't Blame Robots for President Trump
- No One Wants Your Used Clothes Anymore
- No, Senator Graham, America Is Not an Idea
- Trump Is Helping To Make Elites Great Again