European Breakups Shouldn't Be So Hard to Do
A Scottish vote for independence will energize separatist movements in other European countries, including Spain, Belgium and Italy. Precedent is alluring; Alex Salmond, the architect of the Scottish secession drive, often cites the relatively painless example of Czechoslovakia's split 20 years ago.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- 'Gaydar' Shows How Creepy Algorithms Can Get
- China Could Seize a Bit of the Skies
- Merkel's Lackluster Win Is Good for Germany
- More Sanctions, Fewer Insults Against North Korea
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights