College Students Can't Defeat Big Oil
The idea of divestment from fossil fuels is gaining traction on U.S. college campuses. Last year, student activists famously disrupted a Swarthmore College open meeting where the issue was being discussed, which I filed away under "people with too much time on their hands and an insufficient grounding in enlightenment values." But according to the Wall Street Journal, the movement is having some effect: Several major endowments, including Stanford's, have divested from fossil fuels.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Donald Trump's Incomparable Approval Ratings
- A North Korea Solution: Take Kim Out of the Loop
- Trump Erodes the Global Power of American Values
- Amazon's Utterly Predictable Game of Musical Chairs
- It’s Normal to Ask Questions About Bitcoin ETFs
- Not Even Trump Can Obliterate America's Soft Power
- Why Hospitals Aren't in the Drug Business