Read Stuff, You Should: Farewell, Party of Lincoln
Happy Birthday to P!nk, 35.
Congress returns this week. They could use the good stuff:
1. Excellent piece by Dan Balz covering some of the recent research on polarization. Must read.
2. Julia Azari on political scientists and political engagement.
3. Alex Pareene is correct: Unless something unforeseen happens, no one is going to be keeping an eye on the statehouses, with potentially disastrous effects.
4. Jonathan Chait is correct that the party of Lincoln is gone. Party actors do have some ability to actively reshape their parties and the coalitions they represent ... but only with severe constraints.
5. Nate Cohn with an update on the Senate elections after several polls this weekend.
6. And digby on blogging.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at email@example.com