Straight Talk Would Give Draghi More Punch
Mario Draghi deserves credit for what he did last week. The European Central Bank's president found a way to surprise investors with lower interest rates and announced a plan that looks a lot like quantitative easing -- both good moves. Nonetheless, the ECB is still falling short. It's supplying too little monetary stimulus, and it's compounding that error by advertising its own impotence.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Judgment Is Debatable. His Sanity Is Not.
- Never-Trumpers Never Agree About Anything Else
- GOP Surrenders Cherished IRS Scandal at Last
- What Trump Got (Half) Right in Asia
- Converging on Tax-Reform Nonsense
- Too Many Laws. So Much Ignorance. Something Has to Give.
- Bitcoin Has an Unusual Relationship With Volatility