Western Leaders in Denial on Ukraine Sanctions
The European Union appears determined to impose more sanctions on Russia, whether or not the warring sides in Ukraine can sustain a cease-fire. The doggedness might appear surprising, given the effect that previous injunctions, and Russia's response to them, are having on Europe's economic recovery -- and the lack of any contribution to resolving the crisis. All EU leaders really care about, though, are optics.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Thanksgiving, It's Grim in Trump's Swamp
- America's Adversaries Get It: Trump Can Be Ignored
- Trumps Can Never Really Check Out of SoHo Hotel
- Steve Mnuchin Says the Darnedest Things
- Trump's Judgment Is Debatable. His Sanity Is Not.
- Democrats' Next Tax Victory Is Worth the Wait
- The End of Net Neutrality Isn't the End of the World