Read Stuff, You Should: Fairy Tales and History
Happy Birthday to Raquel Welch, 74.
The good stuff:
1. "The fairy tales of our youth may feel good, but a real grappling with our history is what we need to move forward." That's Jamelle Bouie on the latest flap about teaching high school history.
2. Josh Putnam cleans up some myths and mistakes about the presidential nomination calendar.
3. Good update about what Congress will - and won't - do when they return, from Joshua Huder and Mark Harkins.
4. Seth Masket reports on one of the more fascinating papers presented at the recent political science meetings: Barry Burden's research showing the possibly crucial role of postwar housewives in the evolution of the political parties.
5. Matthew Dickinson looks at Senate election forecasting models.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Frank Wilkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org