Jobs Numbers Are a Blip, Not a Turn
After years of languishing, the labor market finally seemed to be perking up over the last few months. Jobs reports were delivering solid growth and -- imagine -- even upside surprises. Just when we thought this party might really be getting going, along comes another disappointment: Only 142,000 jobs were created in August, barely enough to keep up with population growth, not enough to increase the percentage of the population that is in work.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Trump-Russia Probe Is About to Get Uglier
- Trump Is a No-Show in the Fight Against Opioids
- Star Wars' Gross Galactic Product Problem
- An Expert's Guide to Navigating the World of Bitcoin
- The U.S. Has Way Too Many Secrets
- Trump Might Have Already Created Some Jobs
- Does Deregulation Move Markets? Be Skeptical