Berlin's First Copycat Startup Success Story
Zalando, an online fashion retailer, will sell shares to the public in Frankfurt before the end of this year in the first truly big exit from Berlin's supposedly hot startup scene. The initial public offering will put Berlin on the map as the copycat capital of the technology world, proving the viability of the ruthlessly practical, unromantic approach to the online economy practiced by the Samwer brothers, investors in Zalando and creators of startup factory Rocket Internet.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder
- Thank Goodness for Donald Trump
- 2017 Was Bad for Facebook. 2018 Will Be Worse.
- How Gavin Newsom Got to Be a Front-Runner
- Don't Be Afraid of the Net Neutrality Repeal
- Consider the Consequences of #BelieveAllWomen
- Trump Could Actually Make Democracy Great Again. Don't Scoff.