Ritholtz's Reads: The Meaning of 'Smart Beta' and McNuggets
Just because it's Tuesday does not mean we don't have you covered with our dry-aged, prime reads:
- The U.S. bull market looks like the dot-com bubble of the late 1990s, except when it comes to valuations. (Bloomberg) see also What Stage of the Bull Market Are We in? (A Wealth of Common Sense)
- The Federal Reserve Is Not as Powerful as You Think It Is (Slate)
- The Rise and Fall of Performance Investing (CFA Institute) see also It's Not a Chase For Yield, It's a Chase for Fees (A Wealth of Common Sense)
- What 'Smart Beta' Means to Us (Research Affiliates)
- Risk Parity and McNuggets: a History (Financial Times)
- People Think Experiences Bring Happiness, Still Opt for Things (Scientific American) see also You Aren't Crazy: Listening to Sad Songs Actually Makes People Feel Better (New Republic)
- Big Loser in West Coast Quake: Napa Valley Wineries (WaPo)
- Conjecture Regarding Larger iPhone Displays (Daring Fireball) see also My Wish List for the Apple iWatch (Re/Code)
- ISIS as Start-Up: Explosive Growth, Highly Disruptive, Super-Evil (Medium)
- New York Times Demonstrates How Not to Write About Black Men in America (Mic) see also There Are No Angels -- What the New York Times Won't Tell You (Boston.com)
What are you reading?
More Economists See Fed Policy as Too Loose
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Jared Kushner's Dreams of Mideast Peace Are Alive
- Elon Musk Is the Henry Ford of His Age. That's Bad.
- Mark Zuckerberg Has No Way Out of Facebook's Quagmire
- Leaking Is Just a Symptom. Trump Himself Is the Cause.
- Don't Count On Jeff Sessions Protecting Mueller
- Is Trump Playing Into Xi's Hands?
- A Pro-Putin Town Explodes in Anger