The Secret Life of the Renminbi
When discussing whether the renminbi may eventually supplant the U.S. dollar as the dominant reserve currency, it's useful to keep in mind that we don't know how much Chinese currency the world's central banks already hold. That's because the International Monetary Fund, the only source of data on the currency composition of reserves, doesn't want to know.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Judgment Is Debatable. His Sanity Is Not.
- America's Adversaries Get It: Trump Can Be Ignored
- What a Middling Uber Rating Might Say About You
- Democrats' Next Tax Victory Is Worth the Wait
- The End of Net Neutrality Isn't the End of the World
- Never-Trumpers Never Agree About Anything Else
- The Blockchain Might Scare the Gig Economy to Death