Read Stuff, You Should: Militarizing the Police
Happy Birthday to Debi Mazar, 50.
Disgusted with baseball, but always happy to have the good stuff:
1. Jonathan Ladd asks us to look beyond Hillary Clinton's recent interview in assessing what her foreign policy would likely be. Sensible.
2. "An honest appeal to African-Americans would start with the admission that Republicans didn't lose the black vote but forfeited it." Jelani Cobb on the history of Republicans and black voters.
3. Brian Beuhler on immigration and executive action.
4. How Republicans are learning to talk about Iraq. Dave Weigel reports.
5. And Dara Lind on how local police wound up with military weapons.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at email@example.com