Read Stuff, You Should: Cool Washington
Happy Birthday to Russell Baze, 56. Dominant.
Oh, the good stuff:
1. Dan Drezner floats an idea for Ukraine.
2. While Julia Ioffe considers the dangers if the U.S./NATO policy to counter President Vladimir Putin actually works.
3. Ross Douthat says I have a point on Republican dysfunction, but argues that immigration is different.
4. Brad DeLong's big thoughts about the Affordable Care Act.
5. Aaron Blake looks at recent polling on the economy.
6. Jeff Shesol argues that the Republican Party remains Richard Nixon's party. That skips both the other important malevolent influences (Joe McCarthy, Newt Gingrich), and the positive ones ... but it is far from wrong.
7. And Annie Lowrey says that Washington only used to be cool.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at email@example.com