Trade of the Day: H2O
Residents of Toledo, Ohio, just got the all-clearthat the water is safe to drink again after algae pollution contaminated their wet stuff with toxins. The Aug. 2 warning to avoid tap water from Lake Erie is a reminder to all of us in developed economies how we take clean drinking water for granted.
So the Trade of the Day is to buy a portable desalination kit. And, since there's a non-negligible risk that the wars of the future might be disputes about liquid rather than land, you might also consider betting part of your pension pot on the potential for growth in the world's water needs.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Putin Won at the Ballot Box. He's Losing Elsewhere.
- There's a Blamer-in-Chief in the Oval Office
- Cambridge Analytica Behaved Appallingly. Don't Overreact.
- Warren Buffett Is Just an Average Employee
- McCabe's Firing Wasn't Political. Until Trump Made It Political.
- The Population Bomb Has Been Defused
- "Huge" Trade Deficits Are Smaller Than You Think