And the Band Went on Strike
Another kind of Sturm und Drang is playing out at the Metropolitan Opera in New York, where stage crews, orchestra, chorus and other workers are being asked to accept cuts in wages and benefits or face a lockout by General Manager Peter Gelb in advance of the next season.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- 'Gaydar' Shows How Creepy Algorithms Can Get
- China Could Seize a Bit of the Skies
- Merkel's Lackluster Win Is Good for Germany
- More Sanctions, Fewer Insults Against North Korea
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights