Read Stuff, You Should: When Judges Go Missing
Happy Birthday to Ryan Vogelsong, 37. Great story. Unfortunately, the great story part ended long ago, but it really was great.
The good stuff:
1. Jennifer Bendery looks at a new Brennan Center for Justice study about the effects of prolonged judicial vacancies.
2. Jonathan Cohn details the effects in the states of expanded Medicaid and other forms of implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
3. Is 2014 going to be a Republican wave election? Nate Cohn doesn't see it (yet). Doesn't mean that Republicans won't wind up with 51 or 52 Senate seats anyway, though.
4. No, inflation isn't much higher than the government says. Unless, as Matt O'Brien points out, you only look at things that have high rising prices and ignore everything else.
5. And "In Applied Forecasting, Keep It Simple." Good advice from Jay Ulfelder.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at email@example.com