Mark Carney's Central Bank Mission Creep
No matter how Governor Mark Carney dresses it up, the Bank of England's decision today to impose caps on mortgage lending amounts to an explicit effort by the central bank to manage asset prices. It's also a reminder that while U.K. house prices are surging, the flip side of the affordability calculation -- wage growth -- is the real problem.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange
- Trump Has Created Leverage Against Iran. Now He Needs a Closer.