Cochran Wins and the Past Loses in Mississippi
U.S. Senator Thad Cochran made history yesterday, accomplishing what some had thought impossible, even unthinkable, for a Mississippi Republican: In a state where 37 percent of the population is black, Cochran actually won a smattering of black votes -- enough to eke out a narrow upset in his primary runoff against state Senator Chris McDaniel.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder
- Thank Goodness for Donald Trump
- 2017 Was Bad for Facebook. 2018 Will Be Worse.
- How Gavin Newsom Got to Be a Front-Runner
- Consider the Consequences of #BelieveAllWomen
- Don't Be Afraid of the Net Neutrality Repeal
- Trump Could Actually Make Democracy Great Again. Don't Scoff.