Trade of the Day: The New Warmal Makes Umbrellas Hot
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration says that the world just had its hottest May on record, while January to May this year was the fifth-warmest start to any year.
Moreover, four of the five hottest Mays on record have occurred since 2010, according to my Bloomberg colleague Tom Randall. So the Trade of the Day is umbrellas. Problem is, do you sell because global warming might mean less rain, or do you buy because we're all going to need parasols?
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Jared Kushner's Dreams of Mideast Peace Are Alive
- Mark Zuckerberg Has No Way Out of Facebook's Quagmire
- Facebook's Shareholders Are Disappointed
- Cambridge Analytica's Real Business Isn't Data
- Trump Can't Win a Trade War Alone
- What China Revealed in Its National Congress
- The Problem Is Facebook, Not Cambridge Analytica