The Real Reason for Russia's World Cup Loss
To the uninitiated, Russia's World Cup defeat by Belgium may look absurd. Russia is 13 times more populous than Belgium, its soccer league has vastly greater financial resources and it is coached by the most expensive manager in the tournament, Italian Fabio Capello. The reason Russia lost has less to do with soccer than with free-market economics, of which President Vladimir Putin's regime has no concept.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trumps Can Never Really Check Out of SoHo Hotel
- This Thanksgiving, It's Grim in Trump's Swamp
- China's Bike-Sharing Bust
- The Uncertain Future of Bitcoin Futures
- Cryptocurrencies Don't Belong in Central Banks
- The Stock Market Might Be Right, Sort Of
- Black Friday Psychology and the Death Knell of Excel