Fed Dishes Out Continuity
The outcome of today's Federal Reserve meeting was largely as expected, with the world's most powerful central bank maintaining a steady-as-she-goes policy approach and, in the process, sidestepping yesterday's market excitement following the higher-than-expected monthly inflation report. And markets, both bonds and equities, loved the policy continuity. But the institution's calm demeanor and consistent signaling conceal some challenging policy judgments that will likely impose themselves in the months to come.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.
- The Next Crisis Will Start in Silicon Valley
- Trump Takes a (Calculated) Risk on Immigration
- Trump's Terrible Numbers Are a Little Less Terrible
- Not Driving to Work Is the Hot New High-End Job Perk
- What Last Week Tells Us About Bitcoin
- What Jamie Dimon Got Wrong About Bitcoin and Tulips