What Obama Didn't Say About Iraq
What's most striking about President Barack Obama's remarks on Iraq this afternoon in the Rose Garden is what he didn't say. He spoke at a moment when the fighters of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (also known as ISIS) have driven government forces from several major cities, and are advancing toward Baghdad. Iraqi security forces, facing a major uprising without American backup, are in such disarray that Grand Ayatollah Ali Al Sistani has called upon his followers to arm themselves to protect Shiite holy sites.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Donald Trump's Incomparable Approval Ratings
- A North Korea Solution: Take Kim Out of the Loop
- Trump Erodes the Global Power of American Values
- Amazon's Utterly Predictable Game of Musical Chairs
- It’s Normal to Ask Questions About Bitcoin ETFs
- Not Even Trump Can Obliterate America's Soft Power
- Why Hospitals Aren't in the Drug Business