Read Stuff, You Should: More Virginia Fallout
Happy Birthday to Bob McGrath, 82.
Hey, it's the good stuff:
1. John Sides talks to primary-elections scholar Robert Boatright about the big upset in Virginia.
2. While Lynn Vavreck talks about the voters and ideology in primary elections.
3. I joked about this on Twitter on Wednesday, but it turns out -- as Jonathan Chait notes -- that Republicans really are using Eric Cantor's defeat as an excuse for their failure to fulfill their promise to pass (or, you know, write in the first place) an measure to "replace" the Affordable Care Act.
4. Aaron Blake points out that if he wins, Kevin McCarthy would be the majority leader with the least House experience.
5. And Harry Enten has a good post on immigration and Republican primaries (though points off for spewing regression output straight into the post).
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Jared Kushner's Dreams of Mideast Peace Are Alive
- Mark Zuckerberg Has No Way Out of Facebook's Quagmire
- Elon Musk Is the Henry Ford of His Age. That's Bad.
- Cambridge Analytica's Real Business Isn't Data
- Leaking Is Just a Symptom. Trump Himself Is the Cause.
- Don't Count On Jeff Sessions Protecting Mueller
- A Pro-Putin Town Explodes in Anger