Brazil's Rousseff Goes Offside
Bubble lights flashing, the federal police SUVs, army vehicles and motorcycle cops swept past Botafogo Bay. It wasn't an invasion, just the escort for England's World Cup squad, which happens to be training in my neighborhood. Nothing untoward befell the English in Rio de Janeiro that day. No carjackers or protesters on a rampage. No need to activate the air defense missile systems said to be on rooftops near Maracana stadium.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Let's Start Taking Trump's Unpopularity Seriously
- Trump's Clinton Fixation Should Scare All Americans
- What to Ask When Decades-Old Harassment Surfaces
- Why Trump Doesn't Trust His Spies
- Don't Hold Your Breath on 'Reckoning' for Bill Clinton
- Trump Lost Sight of His Promising Asia Vision
- Tesla Keeps Scaring the Other Automakers