Read Stuff, You Should: Jeb Bush's Republican Base
Happy Birthday to Richard Hatch, 69. The story of Tom Zarek never seemed that interesting to me. On the other hand, plenty of stuff he set in motion did wind up producing great bits, so there's that.
Neither Zarek nor the Cylons can stop the good stuff:
1. Good Brendan Nyhan post on Jeb Bush, constituencies and "authenticity."
2. Sarah Binder looks at the choices about housing made by Barack Obama and Democrats in Congress in 2009-2010.
3. Can Obama fix problems at the VA? Presidency scholar Justin Vaughn looks at how to do it. A must-read for those who are interested in presidential policy "czars."
4. Timothy Lee on voting technology.
5. And I think Matt Yglesias has a point about Benghazi, but I'd disagree that impeachment was harmless.There's no way to know with any level of certainty, but it's not wildly unlikely that a more focused Bill Clinton (and a more available Congress) might have been more effective against al-Qaeda in 1998 and 1999. Of course, we're not talking impeachment this time. Right? Right?
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Putin Won at the Ballot Box. He's Losing Elsewhere.
- There's a Blamer-in-Chief in the Oval Office
- Cambridge Analytica Behaved Appallingly. Don't Overreact.
- McCabe's Firing Wasn't Political. Until Trump Made It Political.
- Warren Buffett Is Just an Average Employee
- The Population Bomb Has Been Defused
- "Huge" Trade Deficits Are Smaller Than You Think