Trade of the Day: Quit Trading, Join Academia
Nine presidents of public U.S. universities are making more than$1 million a year, Bloomberg News reports today. Meantime, in the world of finance, “being boastful, indiscreet and vulgar is not OK,” according to Colin Fan, the co-head of investment banking at Deutsche Bank AG.
So the Trade of the Day is to quit your job as trader, and head to academia. You still might get that magical seven-figure salary and, as the chart below shows, your weekly hours are headed down, not up:
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Jared Kushner's Dreams of Mideast Peace Are Alive
- Mark Zuckerberg Has No Way Out of Facebook's Quagmire
- Elon Musk Is the Henry Ford of His Age. That's Bad.
- Cambridge Analytica's Real Business Isn't Data
- Leaking Is Just a Symptom. Trump Himself Is the Cause.
- Don't Count On Jeff Sessions Protecting Mueller
- A Pro-Putin Town Explodes in Anger