Conyers's Mistake Highlights a Bigger Problem
A Michigan county clerk ruled this week that John Conyers, who has served 49 years in Congress, is ineligible to appear on the November general election ballot as a Democrat because unregistered voters collected most of his ballot petition signatures. If Conyers loses his appeal, he says he intends to run as an independent or mount a write-in campaign.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- North Korea Is Playing a Longer Game Than the U.S.
- Has Trump Fixed the 'Worst Deal Ever'? Kinda, Sorta
- Authoritarian Cryptocurrencies Are Coming
- Brexit Talks Are Failing. Somebody Needs to Care.
- California Can't Make Trump an Ethical President