Europe's Economic Iron Curtain
The Berlin Wall fell 25 years ago, and the first post-communist countries joined the European Union 10 years ago. The double anniversary should prompt fireworks and banquets, especially considering that most countries in the former communist bloc are growing faster than their more developed neighbors. However, few people are in the mood to celebrate given that the Ukraine crisis is dragging the region down.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Erodes the Global Power of American Values
- Donald Trump's Incomparable Approval Ratings
- Cryptocurrency Markets Aren't All the Same
- A North Korea Solution: Take Kim Out of the Loop
- It’s Normal to Ask Questions About Bitcoin ETFs
- Trump Has an Opening in China
- Amazon's Utterly Predictable Game of Musical Chairs