Monica's Conscious Uncoupling From Hillary
An essay in Vanity Fair last week taught us more about Monica Lewinsky than we had learned since Ken Starr wrote his sordid x-rated report in 1998.
She has gained some wisdom from her brush with infamy. Her ostensible reason for writing now is to help those who have also been publicly shamed. She is responding to what she sees as an effort by the likes of Senator Rand Paul to drag her back into the political conversation by using her to strangle another Clinton presidency in its crib. Paul has called out the “predatory” Bill Clinton, who, presumably enabled by Hillary, “took advantage of a girl that was 20 years old and an intern in his office.”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Sorry, President Trump. You're No Chester A. Arthur.
- Russia Is Using Marxist Strategies, and So Is Trump
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Nafta Gets a Welcome Reprieve
- Goodbye and Good Riddance to the Islamic State