Ukraine's Eastern Counterrevolution
The ridiculous "referendums" held Sunday in two regions of eastern Ukraine are evidence that Russia's Crimean land grab was probably a one-off event. Even Russian President Vladimir Putin, with his well-known ability to stretch and twist facts, couldn't bring himself to recognize the results of the preposterous votes. Moscow's tepid reaction tells Ukrainians it's time to stop fighting a phantom war with Putin and start the healing process if they want to keep their country together.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Trump-Russia Probe Is About to Get Uglier
- Trump Is a No-Show in the Fight Against Opioids
- Star Wars' Gross Galactic Product Problem
- An Expert's Guide to Navigating the World of Bitcoin
- The U.S. Has Way Too Many Secrets
- Trump Might Have Already Created Some Jobs
- The Tax Bill Is Bad for Homeowners, Good for Landlords