Why Officials Don't Tell the Media Everything
The White House Correspondents' Association dinner, which I attended last Saturday night, is an astonishing spectacle -- a unique combination of journalists, government officials and celebrities. Amid the laughter and the conviviality, however, there is an uneasy undercurrent: Many journalists are disturbed that outside of an annual dinner, they cannot get a lot of access to those same officials.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder
- Thank Goodness for Donald Trump
- How Gavin Newsom Got to Be a Front-Runner
- Trump Could Actually Make Democracy Great Again. Don't Scoff.
- Don't Be Afraid of the Net Neutrality Repeal
- Four Points That Make 'Last Jedi' So Fascinating
- Consider the Consequences of #BelieveAllWomen