This Is Why We Shouldn't Be Executioners
"Death is different." It used to be a bumper sticker for opponents of capital punishment. It demonstrates what sets apart this moral issue from many other ones in politics. Typically such issues pit one value against another. Death is different. Supporters and opponents start with the same value -- the sanctity of human life -- and reach directly opposed conclusions about how to stand for it.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Let's Start Taking Trump's Unpopularity Seriously
- Trump's Clinton Fixation Should Scare All Americans
- What to Ask When Decades-Old Harassment Surfaces
- Why Trump Doesn't Trust His Spies
- Don't Hold Your Breath on 'Reckoning' for Bill Clinton
- Trump Lost Sight of His Promising Asia Vision
- Tesla Keeps Scaring the Other Automakers