Trade of the Day: A Hedge Against Narcolepsy
In recent years, drugmakers have raised prices on dozens of brand-name medicines at a pace that outstrips inflation, Bloomberg News reportstoday. The accompanying graphic shows that the cost of one drug in particular -- Xyrem, a narcolepsy treatment from Jazz Pharmaceuticals -- has climbed more than 840 percent since 2007.
So the Trade of the Day is to buy Xyrem and stockpile it in your medicine cabinet -- just in case.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Population Bomb Has Been Defused
- Mueller Just Stepped Over Trump's Red Line
- Clarence Thomas Has a Big Decision to Make
- Putin Has Committed Russia to a Risky Gamble
- The Costs of Trump's Chaotic Reboot
- In the Future, There Will Be a Distillery on Every Corner
- Republicans Are Wrong About Conor Lamb