Trade of the Day: Buy a Tesla, Sell Your Hummer
David Holt, president of the Consumer Energy Alliance, says U.S. holiday makers should focus on their tans rather than their pocketbooks. "Instead of worrying about rising prices when pulling into the gas station this driving season, consumer should be focused on their summer vacations," he said in a statement earlier this week.
With average U.S. gasoline prices climbing to their highest level in a year, however, that's a big ask. A gallon of regular gasoline reached $3.69 this week, up 11 percent so far this year and higher than it reached at any point last summer. So the Trade of the Day is buy a Tesla, sell your Hummer.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Escalation With Russia Just Became More Likely
- Trump’s Plan to Punish the U.S. Economy
- Elon Musk Is the Henry Ford of His Age. That's Bad.
- What Bolton Should Know About Working for Trump
- Is Trump Playing Into Xi's Hands?
- Jared Kushner's Dreams of Mideast Peace Are Alive
- Don't Count On Jeff Sessions Protecting Mueller