Read Stuff, You Should: Dynastic Politics
Happy Birthday to Debbie Stabenow, 64.
Right to the good stuff:
1. Seth Mastket says that partisan polarization is here to stay, at least for the foreseeable future.
2. Brendan Nyhan on political dynasties.
3. Sarah Kliff takes apart the latest Kaiser ACA poll.
4. Jonathan Chait makes a good point: people who want to slash government benefits to poor people will generally prefer to debate whether they are well-intentioned than to debate the consequences of their policies.
5. While Conor Friedersdorf wants conservatives to tell the truth to themselves about what they actually want.
6. And Sarah Posner on Sarah Palin vs. Christians.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Jared Kushner's Dreams of Mideast Peace Are Alive
- Elon Musk Is the Henry Ford of His Age. That's Bad.
- Mark Zuckerberg Has No Way Out of Facebook's Quagmire
- Leaking Is Just a Symptom. Trump Himself Is the Cause.
- Don't Count On Jeff Sessions Protecting Mueller
- Is Trump Playing Into Xi's Hands?
- A Pro-Putin Town Explodes in Anger