The 30-Second Phone Charge Revolution
An Israeli startup called StoreDot has wowed the internet with a YouTube clip: a Samsung Galaxy 4 smartphone taking just 30 seconds to charge to 100 percent from 27 percent. The video, viewed more than 1.2 million times in about 24 hours, was something of a circus trick: Rather than the Galaxy's standard battery, a device about three times as thick as the phone was attached to its back. StoreDot even developed a nice Android app to show on the phone's screen how fast that thing was filling up with energy. The demonstration ended with the charge level at 100 percent, refraining from any mention that the new battery would drain more quickly than the standard one.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Re-Election Edge Is Greatly Exaggerated
- Stick With Numbers When Judging Trump's Rally
- Talking North Korea and Iran With Israel's Rocket Man
- Are Blockchain Diplomas the Real Deal?
- Crisis, What Crisis? Banks Pile Back Into China
- Think the U.S. Has a Facebook Problem? Look to Asia
- Trump’s Quiet Campaign to Undermine Background Checks