Why Russia Won't Tank the U.S. Treasury Market: Catherine MannCatherine L. Mann
March 30 (Bloomberg) -- The standoff between the U.S. and Russia over Ukraine has sparked renewed interest in a troubling question: Do the U.S. government's vast debts to foreign nations present a threat to its national security? The fear is that China, Russia or some other major holder of U.S. Treasuries could suddenly start selling, sending interest rates soaring and wreaking havoc in markets.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Trump-Russia Probe Is About to Get Uglier
- Trump Is a No-Show in the Fight Against Opioids
- Star Wars' Gross Galactic Product Problem
- The U.S. Has Way Too Many Secrets
- An Expert's Guide to Navigating the World of Bitcoin
- Trump Might Have Already Created Some Jobs
- The Tax Bill Is Bad for Homeowners, Good for Landlords