Japan Might Have Friends If It Just Shut Up
Shinzo Abe and Park Geun Hye this week looked a bit like schoolyard rivals called into the principal's office and forced to smile and say nice things to one another. Barack Obama convened Tuesday's trilateral summit, casting himself in the role of headmaster. It was a cagey move by a U.S. president whose promise to turn his administration's attention to Asia has been more talk than action.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Sorry, President Trump. You're No Chester A. Arthur.
- Russia Is Using Marxist Strategies, and So Is Trump
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Nafta Gets a Welcome Reprieve
- Goodbye and Good Riddance to the Islamic State