Forget the Dictionary, Super PACs Aren't New
Merriam-Webster announced this week that it has added the term "super PAC" to its dictionary. The entry cites a quote tracing the term's birth to the Supreme Court's 2010 Citizens United decision and a subsequent lower court ruling. That connection -- while technically accurate -- unfortunately perpetuates a gross misunderstanding of the impact the case has had on political spending.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Merkel's Lackluster Win Is Good for Germany
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange