What Mattered This Week?
What's easy is the thing that didn't matter: the flap over presidential dignity. It was interesting, to be sure, but we'll all forget it in a week.
All House elections matter, and House elections for closely contested seats matter even more. So I'll put the Republican win in Florida's 13th House district down as a thing that mattered. Even if it really, really, really doesn't tell us anything at all about what's going to happen in November.
That's what I noticed. What do you have? What do you think mattered this week?
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Escalation With Russia Just Became More Likely
- Trump’s Plan to Punish the U.S. Economy
- What Bolton Should Know About Working for Trump
- Elon Musk Is the Henry Ford of His Age. That's Bad.
- Is Trump Playing Into Xi's Hands?
- Jared Kushner's Dreams of Mideast Peace Are Alive
- Don't Slam the Door on Chinese Students