Ritholtz's 10 Weekend Reads: Jamaican Music and the Stuntman
Pour yourself a strong cup of joe and start your Saturday morning with my longer-form weekend reads:
• Richard Branson: The Stuntman (London Review of Books)
• Meet DARPA's new generation of robots (Aeon) see also Your Job Taught to Machines Puts Half U.S. Work at Risk (Bloomberg)
• Edward Snowden SXSW: Full Transcription and Video (Inside)
• Drowning in Light: How Technology Feeds our Addiction to Light (Nautilus)
• Inside the Barista Class (The Awl)
• DataBall: The New Basketball Stats (Grantland) see also Meet the World's Most Marketed 12-Year-Old Basketball Player (Tampa Bay)
• Exposing the big lie of the post-crash economy (TNR)
• The Intolerance of Uneconomic Economics (Pieria)
• The Story Behind the Rob Ford Story (The Walrus)
• That Chop on the Upbeat: Junior Braithwaite and the history of Jamaican popular music (Oxford American)
60 degrees and sunny in the New York City area -- looks like a top down kind of day!
Number of U.S. Millionaires Reaches Record High
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Population Bomb Has Been Defused
- Mueller Just Stepped Over Trump's Red Line
- Clarence Thomas Has a Big Decision to Make
- Putin Has Committed Russia to a Risky Gamble
- The Costs of Trump's Chaotic Reboot
- In the Future, There Will Be a Distillery on Every Corner
- Republicans Are Wrong About Conor Lamb