Read Stuff, You Should: What Would Reagan Do?
Happy Birthday to Mercedes McNabb, 34.
Getting ready for the weekend with the good stuff:
1. Via Kevin Drum, a history lesson about Ronald Reagan from Dan Drezner. He points out that Reagan's pragmatism worked out pretty well when it came to the Soviets and other foreign policy threats, so emulating him is often a pretty decent idea.
2. All about deductibles and the Affordable Care Act, from Galen Benshoof.
3. More on money and access from David Broockman and Joshua Kalla.
4. Andrew Sullivan is losing patience with Barack Obama on torture.
5. Sean Trende wraps the Florida House special election.
6. And the importance of religion in the Ukraine confrontation, from Mara Kozelsky.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
(Jonathan Bernstein covers U.S. politics for Bloomberg View. He is co-editor of "The Making of the Presidential Candidates 2012." Follow him onTwitter at @JBPlainblog.)
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at firstname.lastname@example.org