Pope Francis's Year in Sports
Everybody knows that in the year since being named pontiff, Pope Francis has turned the Catholic Church on its head. He has espoused relatively progressive views on homosexuality, marriage and divorce, contraception, women and the poor in an institution long bogged down by rigid doctrine. But few may have noticed that the great equalizing force of sports has also played a prominent role in the so-called People's Pope's first 12 months.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Trump-Russia Probe Is About to Get Uglier
- Trump Is a No-Show in the Fight Against Opioids
- Star Wars' Gross Galactic Product Problem
- An Expert's Guide to Navigating the World of Bitcoin
- The U.S. Has Way Too Many Secrets
- Trump Might Have Already Created Some Jobs
- The Tax Bill Is Bad for Homeowners, Good for Landlords