The Working Poor Get Their 15 Minutes
Your move, Republicans. That was essentially President Barack Obama's message today with his proposal to expand the earned income tax credit, a wage supplement for low-income workers. Conservative economists have long been pushing for an expanded credit, arguing it is a better way of lifting personal income than raising the minimum wage. They are right -- and now congressional Republicans have an opportunity to show they agree.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange
- Trump Has Created Leverage Against Iran. Now He Needs a Closer.
- No, Boris. A Trump-Led Brexit Wouldn't Be Glorious