The Secretary of Gaffe Goes to Kiev
This is a delicate moment for U.S. President Barack Obama. In the face of Russia's seizure of Ukraine's Crimean peninsula, he has to back the Ukrainians, but not so belligerently as to provoke them to violence. He's got to talk the Russians down, and without resorting to empty threats. It is unfortunate, then, that the man who will convey these nuanced U.S. goals in Ukraine tomorrow is a serial message bungler.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Sorry, President Trump. You're No Chester A. Arthur.
- Russia Is Using Marxist Strategies, and So Is Trump
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Nafta Gets a Welcome Reprieve
- Goodbye and Good Riddance to the Islamic State