Baseball Umpires Show Bias and Mercy
In his Senate confirmation hearing in 2005, the aspiring chief justice, John Roberts, offered a memorable analogy: "Judges are like umpires. Umpires don't make the rules; they apply them. The role of an umpire and a judge is critical. They make sure everybody plays by the rules."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- North Korea Is Playing a Longer Game Than the U.S.
- Has Trump Fixed the 'Worst Deal Ever'? Kinda, Sorta
- Authoritarian Cryptocurrencies Are Coming
- Brexit Talks Are Failing. Somebody Needs to Care.
- California Can't Make Trump an Ethical President