Read Stuff, You Should: Budget Futility
Happy Birthday to Dominic Chianese, 83. Apart from the immortal Johnny Ola, and other famous roles, he was also in "All the President's Men."
New week, new batch of good stuff:
1. Stan Collender says that the president's budget has become a waste of time.
2. Does the world seem to be going a little crazy just now? Jay Ulfelder brings some perspective.
3. Jennifer Victor notes that lobbying seems to be a declining industry (or at least that it has passed its peak), and suggests why that might be.
4. Ignore those polls! Brendan Nyhan on too-early 2016 polling.
5. Rhetoric, policy, and the differences between Democratic and Republican presidents, from Julia Azari.
6. And Alyssa Rosenberg on how conservatives can develop better celebrities.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
(Jonathan Bernstein covers U.S. politics for Bloomberg View. He is co-editor of "The Making of the Presidential Candidates 2012." Follow him on Twitter at @JBPlainblog.)
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at email@example.com