Read Stuff, You Should: Ukraine on Fire
Happy Birthday to Joel Hodgson, 54.
Even Tom Servo would like the good stuff:
1. Joshua Tucker: "What you need to know about Ukraine." Distilled from recent Monkey Cage posts.
2. Meanwhile, still going on yesterday: Nicholas Kristof takes to Twitter to further bait political scientists; they respond by mocking - and trying to educate - him.
3. I've been very, very, skeptical that the House would make any forward progress on tax reform during this Congress (and, generally, that House Republicans are capable of or interested in doing real policy work). So I definitely need to give kudos to Ways and Means Chair Dave Camp, who apparently has, in fact, moved ahead. Emma Dumain reports.
4. House retirements in this cycle are...average. Nathan Gonzales looks at the numbers.
5. Some good points on race and justice in the U.S. from Jamelle Bouie.
6. And Dan Larison on Ukraine and the U.S.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
(Jonathan Bernstein covers U.S. politics for Bloomberg View. He is co-editor of "The Making of the Presidential Candidates 2012." Follow him on Twitter at @JBPlainblog.)
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com