The Olympic No-Show That Shook Russia
Figure skater Evgeni Plushenko's withdrawal from competition at the Sochi Olympics is a story, worthy of a soap opera, which says as much about the way sports are run in Vladimir Putin's Russia as the showbiz nature of modern figure skating.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Anti-Immigration Fervor Is Different This Time
- The Current Sex Panic Harks Back to the Era of Coddling Women
- This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder
- Thank Goodness for Donald Trump
- Why Austria's Anti-Immigrant Experiment Is Worth Watching
- Black Voters Lead a Democratic Surge
- How Gavin Newsom Got to Be a Front-Runner